2017 Great Lakes Region Tailgate and Michigan Hosta Society Garden Tours
Sponsored by Southwest Michigan Hosta Society
June 23 & 24 • 1 pm to 9pm on the 23rd • 9am to 5pm • on the 24th
Kalamazoo has lots to offer from Gardening to Dining – Come early and shop
- River Street Flowerland, 1300 River Street, Kalamazoo, MI – Tours at 1pm & 2pm
- Kalamazoo Flower Group, 8937 Krum Avenue, Galesburg, MI Presentations at 2pm, 3pm & 4pm
- Bells Brewery, 8938 Krum Avenue, Galesburg, MI – Tours at 1pm, 3pm & 4pm
***Note the first 3 stops are within a couple of miles of each other***
- Dinner and Auction start at 5pm at the Four Points by Sheraton, 3600 East Cork St.
Feel free to bring plants or garden related items to auction off
Dinner is $10 a person (please have cash or check for the Dinner and some of the vendors on the tour)
- River Street Flowerland, 1300 River Street, Kalamazoo, MI – riverstreetflowerland.com
- Romence Gardens, 9660 Shaver Road, Portage, MI – romencegardensonline.com
- Wenke Greenhouse, 5071 Market Street, Kalamazoo, MI – wenkegardencenter.com
- Vandersalms Flowershop, 1120 South Burdick, Kalamazoo, MI – kalamazooflorist.com
- Wedels Nursery, 5020 Texas Drive, Kalamazoo, MI – wedels.com (round about)
- Various breweries (Bells, Arcadia, Gonzo’s, Old Peninsula, etc.)
- Gilmore Car Museum, 6865 W. Hickory Rd., Hickory Corners, MI – gilmorecarmuseum.org
- Kellogg Bird Sanctuary, 12685 E. C Avenue, Augusta, MI – birdsanctuary.kbs.msu.edu
- Air Zoo, 6151 Portage Road, Portage, MI – airzoo.org
- Kalamazoo Valley Museum, 230 N. Rose St. Kalamazoo, MI –kalamazoomuseum.org
- Irish Fest, Old Dog Tavern 402 E. Kalamazoo Avenue, Kalamazoo, MI 6/23 5pm-11pm – 6/24 12pm-11pm
- Kalamazoo Institute of Arts, 314 South Park, Kalamazoo, MI – kiarts.org
Four Points by Sheraton – 3600 East Cork Street Court, Kalamazoo, MI 49001 269-385-3922 – Mention Hosta Society and cost is $119 – Includes breakfast vouchers.
Baymont Inn & Suites Kalamazoo East – 3800 East Cork Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49001, 269-344-8300 – Mention Hosta Society and rate is $69 – It does include breakfast.
HOSTA TOUR SATURDAY JUNE 24
9AM – 5PM
- 15887 Prairie Ronde, Schoolcraft, MI 49087
Jim Collison will be selling a variety of birdhouses for various birds
- 1209 East Crooked Lake Drive, Kalamazoo, MI 49009
Lin McIntosh will be selling iron and recycled metal art
- 7014 Oak Highlands, Kalamazoo, MI 49009
Don & Ann Eldred will be selling small and large bottle trees
- 9140 West C Avenue, Kalamazoo, MI 49009
2 nurseries selling plants:
K Gardens (2938 72nd Street SouthWest, Byron Center, MI 49315)
http://www.kgardens.com – Variety of full potted hosta plants
Blue Horizon Nursery and Gardens (9721 59th St., Grand Junction, MI 49056)
http://www.bluehorizonnursery.com – A wonderful variety of rare trees and ornamental shrubs.
Stadium Drive, 9th Street and I-94 have a variety of places to stop for lunch.
Bus Driver Contact is Dick Hewitt